Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Marvel Novels!

msh_novels2.jpg

These novels came out in the late 1970s, if I recall correctly. Many of them were written by established comic book writers, but Joseph Silva wrote the Cap novel you see here. There had been an earlier Captain America novel, published in the 1960s, called "The Great Gold Steal," which I believe was written by Ted White.

Anyway, I used to have a lot of these novels a while ago, and I recall them being pretty good reads! I don't recall specifically if I ever had the Cap novel, though.

2 comments:

  1. I remember distinctly thinking the IRON MAN was the best! I had never even heard of the author, William Rotsler, and didn't care for his DR. STRANGE novel at all. I found out later that he was a fan artist in the early days, a major contributor to the adult mag, ADAM FILM WORLD and a nudie film director back in the sixties! What an odd choice to write Marvel novels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oddly enough, the Dr. Strange one is the only one I still have in my collection!

    ReplyDelete